Publicado originalmente em :05/03/2016
BEIJING – The draft outline of the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020) on national economy andsocial development was presented on Saturday to the Fourth Session of the 12th NationalPeople’s Congress for review.
Following are the goals and missions set in the draft outline for the years between 2016 and2020.
– Keep medium-high growth to double China’s GDP and per capita income by 2020 from the2010 level
– Promote innovative, coordinated, green, open, and shared development.
– Make breakthroughs in core technologies including information communication, newenergy, new materials, aviation, biological medicine and intelligent manufacturing.
– Advance scientific research on universe evolution, material structure, origin of life, as wellas brain and cognition.
– Vigorously initiate international major science projects.
– Ease the criteria for foreign talents’ applying for permanent residence.
– Improve the quality and efficiency of supply and stimulate real demand to strengthen newgrowth momentum.
– Foster new competitive advantages of foreign trade by exporting more high-end equipmentand cutting-edge products with high added value.
– Further implement “Made in China 2025” strategy and focus on manufacturing innovationand the integration of information and manufacturing technologies.
– Support strategic emerging sector and improve its share in GDP to 15 percent.
– Boost information technology, new energy vehicles, biological technology and low-carbonindustries, as well as high-end equipment and materials.
– Nurture the growth of high-tech sectors involving semiconductors, robots and intelligentsystems.
– Speed up building a new generation of information infrastructure.
– Advance 5G telecom technology and comprehensively upgrade to IPv6.
– Implement “Internet Plus” and promote Internet technologies to revolutionize production andorganization modes.
– Promote big data strategy to facilitate industrial upgrade and social governance innovation.
– Push forward the establishment of a multilateral, democratic and transparent internationalInternet governance system.
– Deepen energy revolution by establishing a modern energy system that is clean, low-carbon and efficient.
– Build a coordinated and integrated energy network.
– Accelerate urbanizing rural migrants.
– Build world-class city clusters in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, Yangtze River Delta andPearl River Delta.
– Strengthen maritime law enforcement, safeguard maritime interests and maintain freenavigation and maritime passage safety at seawaters under China’s jurisdiction.
– Improve sea-related dialogue and cooperation mechanisms with neighboring countries andboost pragmatic maritime cooperation.
– Keep annual energy consumption within five billion tonnes of standard coal.
– Implement the strictest environmental protection system by gathering efforts fromgovernment, enterprises and the public to realize environmental improvement.
– Control carbon emissions, honor climate commitments and deeply participate into global climate governance.
– Expand international production capacity cooperation in sectors including steel, railway,telecommunications, machinery and aviation.
– Increase service trade’s share in total foreign trade to 16 percent.
– Relax restrictions in service sector for foreign capital, widen market access in banking andsecurities, encourage foreign investment to flow into advanced manufacturing, high-techindustries and energy saving.
– Improve business environment to facilitate win-win cooperation.
– Realize the convertibility of Chinese currency the yuan and promote its global use.
– Enhance two-way opening up of capital market, including securities and bond markets.
– Strive to sign high-standard bilateral investment agreements with more countries.
Belt and road
– Quicken Belt and Road construction and expand win-win cooperation to form a newcomprehensive opening-up landscape.
– Strengthen cooperation with international financial institutions, push forward the AsianInfrastructure Investment Bank and the BRICS New Development Bank, and properly operatethe Silk Road Fund.
– Build China-Mongolia-Russia, China-Central Asia-West Asia, China-Indochina Peninsula,China-Pakistan and Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar economic corridors, as well as thenew Eurasian Land Bridge.
Global economic governance
– Safeguard the role of the World Trade Organization and push forward multilateral tradenegotiations.
– Vigorously set up free trade areas with countries along the routes of the Belt and Road.
– Step up talks with the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership and GulfCooperation Council and on free trade area of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea.
– Push forward the establishment of free trade agreements with Israel, Canada, the Eurasian Economic Union and the European Union, as well as an Asia-Pacific free trade area.
– Continue to propel investment agreement talks with the United States and Europe.
– Actively participate in the making of international rules on the Internet, deep sea, polar region and space and of international standards.
– Increase assistance to developing countries in education, medicine, disaster relief, animalprotection and poverty alleviation.
– Safeguard international public security and oppose any forms of terrorism.
– Lift 50 million people out of poverty and build a moderately prosperous society in allaspects.
– Fully implement two-child policy, with the total population reaching 1.42 billion.
Strategy and security
– Formulate and implement national security policies in politics, territory, economy, society,resources and the Internet.
– Reinforce anti-terrorism forces and increase international cooperation.
– Advance national defense and military modernization.